State MPs - rules for use of Honourable:
- Leader of the Opposition
- President of the Legislative Council
- Speaker of the House of Assembly
- Legislative Councillors
Others in State jurisdiction:
- Judges of the Supreme Court of Tasmania
Retention of Honourable for Life:
- Any former Minister
- Speaker or President if they have held that office for three years continuously
List of Tasmanian MPs who have been granted title of Honourable for life.
Members of Federal Parliament:
In the Federal Parliament the title 'Honourable' applies to -
- serving Cabinet ministers;
- the President of the Senate;
- the Speaker of the House.
It may be retained for life by -
- all Federal ministers;
- members who have served as Speaker of the House or President of the Senate for at least three years continuously;
- Senators who have served at least ten years continuously.
Copy of Gazettal Notice on use of title Honourable.